Priority Patient Transfer Services
Priority is a leader in the patient transfer industry, proudly serving eastern Ontario for over a decade. Based in Ottawa, we operate a well-maintained, clean and modern fleet of vehicles, providing transportation services to patients in a professional, safe and respectful environment. We pride ourselves for having the strongest brand and reputation in the region, by providing uncompromising care, compassion, respect and a commitment to excellence. Priority provides both stretcher and wheelchair transportation service and is responsible for transferring patients safely between hospitals and back to their homes. We provide highly competitive salaries, extensive training and orientations for all our new employees and a friendly, fast-paced and professional work environment.
As we grow, we are expanding our Dispatch team to assist in managing dispatch duties, part-time, located in our Nepean Head Office. This position will be required to work mornings/evenings and weekends, in a friendly and supported atmosphere.
- Take incoming calls from Hospitals and book calls for our attendants
- Answer Families questions about our service
- Offer support and give quotes to families
- Pre plan the upcoming days and organize schedule
- Work with attendants to make their days efficient
- Complete daily reports
- Work with and keep in touch with hospitals about calls and delays
- Coordinate call times with supervisors in other regions
- Various other duties as requested
We are seeking self-motivated individuals who possess the following skills and aptitudes:
- Positive attitude, pleasant, approachable, and patient
- Great work ethic
- Customer service attitude
- Flexibility to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must be able to work in a dynamic and task managing environment
- Display a sense of urgency
- Attention to detail
- Professional attitude under all situations
- Punctual and reliable
- Must be computer literate with good typing and spelling skills
Priority offers competitive wages, friendly and supportive atmosphere, and performance incentives for its employees. If you want to be part of our exciting healthcare field come grow with us by applying now!
Sounds Interesting? Apply Today!
Priority Patient Transfer Services is committed to provide accommodation for individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Accommodations are available upon request of the internal or external applicant. If you require an accommodation due to a disability for an interview, please notify Human Resources directly to make appropriate arrangements when contacted for an interview.
We thank all applicants however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Patient transfer attendants are responsible for the safe transport of patients via stretcher/wheelchair to/from a healthcare facility, nursing home, or private residence, while providing outstanding customer service.
- Valid CPR and First Aid (Level C) is considered an asset
- Must be able to read and communicate in English effectively.
- Must provide a copy of a Police Vulnerable Sector check and current immunization records.