Human Resources Generalist
Priority is a leader in the patient transfer industry, proudly serving Eastern Ontario for over 15 years. As the first patient transfer company in Ontario, Priority is the most stable and one of the fastest growing companies in the industry, offering virtually pandemic-proof job security!
Based in Ottawa, we operate a well-maintained, clean, and modern fleet of vehicles, providing transportation services to patients in a professional, safe, and respectful environment. We pride ourselves on having the strongest brand, reputation, and devoted team in the region, by providing uncompromising care, compassion, respect, and a commitment to excellence.
- Provide a support role to other members of the Leadership Team, in HR-related functions, such as disciplining, coaching, performance evaluations, etc.
- Provide auditing and quality control functions including ensuring all staff are following HR related policies and procedures, that all current versions of policies are in circulation and that all employee files and training regimes are up to date.
- Develop and manage company policies and procedures.
- Maintain the security of all employee files and ensure that documentation is complete and accurate in these files.
- Organize and attend various HR-related company functions, such as Employee Town Halls, employee appreciation events, leadership meetings, etc.
- Act as a liaison between Employee Reps and management, including organizing monthly meetings and preparing reports to the CEO.
- Coach and lead supervisors through behavioral concerns, performance management, and promotional training.
- Conduct all Time and Attendance functions, across the company, including tabulating all hours for hourly employees, bonus calculations, validating hours and conducting time checks, submitting summaries and reports to the finance department for payroll every 2 weeks, etc.
- Take minutes for weekly leadership meetings.
- Oversight and management of all Company recruitment functions, including:
- Managing the Indeed, Glassdoor and any other recruitment-related portals and websites.
- Maintain active and current employment ads, within budget, to meet company objectives.
- Attending Job Fairs, recruitment drives and other similar events, to promote recruitment.
- Developing all interviewing protocols, conducting interviews and hiring new attendants, dispatchers, managers.
- Develop monthly work schedules for all front-line staff, with the assistance of Supervisors, to meet operational needs and ensure adequate staffing levels are maintained throughout the company.
- Managing and coordinating all continuous training programs.
- CHRP designation or in progress (preferred)
- Human Resources Management Certification (or equivalent)
- 2 years experience in Human Resources (required)
$55,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Frida
To keep our employees safe we provide ample personal protective equipment and conduct a pre-screener before each shift.
- DCS / DEC (required
- Human Resources: 2 years (required
- CHRP Designation (preferred)