Priority Patient Transfer Services
Non-Urgent Patient Wheelchair Attendant
Priority is a leader in the patient transfer industry, proudly serving eastern Ontario for over a decade. Based in Ottawa, we operate a well-maintained, clean and modern fleet of vehicles, providing transportation services to patients in a professional, safe and respectful environment. We pride ourselves for having the strongest brand and reputation in the region, by providing uncompromising care, compassion, respect and a commitment to excellence. Priority provides both stretcher and wheelchair transportation service and is responsible for transferring patients safely between hospitals and back to their homes. We provide highly competitive salaries, extensive training and orientations for all our new employees and a friendly, fast-paced and professional work environment.
- Retention Bonus of $600 provided after 18 months
- Competitive wages, shift premiums and flexible working schedules offered
- Minimum shift hours provided; ample hours available
- Paid meal breaks provided
- Uniform supplement provided upon commencement
- Referral and Performance Bonuses provided
We are seeking self-motivated individuals who possess the following skills and aptitudes for full time employment:
- Must have or is in the process of acquiring Standard First Aid with CPR + AED for adults and children by the Canadian Red Cross or equivalent
- Minimum Class G driver’s license, Drivers Abstract clear of uninsurable infractions required
- Must provide a clean vulnerable sector check from the police
- Must have the COVID Vaccination (Both Doses) or in process to receive them.
- Must provide a current immunization record (including Tetanus, Diphtheria, Hepatitis B, Poliomyelitis)
- Able to push up to 250 lbs in wheelchair.
- Able to work 12-hour shifts (days/nights/weekends)
- Bilingualism is an asset
We are committed to providing the right candidate, who possesses the above skills and aptitudes, with the necessary training to start their career in this rewarding industry. This role provides an excellent entry into the growing healthcare field or for those looking to maintain their current experience in the sector.