Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Here We Grow Again!
Priority is a leader in the patient transfer industry, proudly serving Eastern Ontario for over 15 years. As the first patient transfer company in Ontario, Priority is the most stable and one of the fastest growing companies in the industry, offering virtually pandemic-proof employment stability!
Based in Ottawa, we operate a well-maintained, clean, and modern fleet of vehicles, providing transportation services to patients in a professional, safe, and respectful environment. We pride ourselves on having the strongest brand, reputation and devoted team in the region, by providing uncompromising care, compassion, respect, and a commitment to excellence.
We are looking for a Non-Urgent Patient Transfer Attendant to join our growing team in the Ottawa, ON area.
Working as a Non-Urgent Patient Transfer Attendant, you will be responsible for ensuring patients receive safe transportation via stretcher and wheelchair to or from a healthcare facility, nursing home, or private residence. Significant and enhanced onboarding and training are provided.
$18.30 / hour
- Must have Standard First Aid with CPR (Level C) + AED for adults and children by the Canadian Red Cross or equivalent
- Minimum Class G driver’s license, Drivers Abstract clear of uninsurable infractions required
- Must provide a clean vulnerable sector check from the police
- Must provide a current immunization record (including Tetanus, Diphtheria, Hepatitis B, Poliomyelitis)
- Able to lift 250 lbs with a partner – A lift test will be performed in training
- Able to work 12-hour shifts (days/nights/weekends)
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Covid -19 considerations: We do require all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 meaning they must have a minimum of 2 Canadian approved vaccines
- Employee assistance program
- Competitive wages, shifts premiums and flexible working schedules offered
- Company Events (BBQs, Christmas Party, etc. )
- Minimum shift hours guaranteed, ample hours available, including overtime
- Paid meal breaks provided
- Referral Bonus Program
- Uniform supplement provided upon commencement
- A supportive and family-like work environment
- On-site parking
- 12 Hour shifts
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Supplement Pay types:
- Overtime Pay
- Run Bonus
- Boot Bonus
We are committed to providing the right candidate, who possesses the above skills and aptitudes, with the necessary training to start their career in this rewarding industry. This role provides a virtually pandemic-proof opportunity and an excellent entry into the growing healthcare field or for those looking to maintain their current experience in the sector.